Missions Monday: Reach Your One with Single Moms
Who’s your one? We hope you’ve identified the one person you would like to reach with the gospel in 2019, and we want to help you reach that person. Buck Run hosts and supports a wide range of ministries designed to engage lost and broken people, to reach the very people you’re targeting this year. Our Single Moms ministry is a great example.
Through Single Moms, women in our church family seek to disciple and mentor women who, in a variety of ways, are struggling to raise children on their own. Many of the women who participate in Single Moms every week wrestle with the day-to-day needs of their families at home. More significantly, many of them continue to grapple with the messiness of a broken world, with failed relationships, shattered families, and oppressive loneliness. Our Single Moms ministry recognizes that the greatest need for these women is the gospel of Jesus Christ, so they strive to help them understand how the gospel affects every aspect of life, from cooking and financial management to parenting and church membership.
If your “one” is a single mom, take advantage of the discipleship and mentorship offered through our Single Moms ministry. Through the Single Moms ministry at Buck Run, your “one” can hear the gospel explained every week, and she can receive guidance as she works to apply the gospel to her life and to the lives of her children.
Next Steps with Single Moms
- Single Moms meets in Room 101 every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. If you know a single mom who would benefit from this ministry, invite her to attend.
- While the single mom you’ve invited spends time with mentors and other single moms, her kids will receive incredible love, attention, and instruction through Buck Run Kids Ministry.
- If you invite a single mom to attend, the ladies who lead Single Moms would love for you to participate with the group.
Praying for Single Moms
- As we partner with our Single Moms ministry to reach single moms in Frankfort, pray that the single moms who already participate would experience the transformative power of the gospel in every aspect of their lives.
- Pray for the children of the single moms who attend. Pray especially that they would respond well to the investment of godly men and women through Buck Run Kids Ministry.
- Pray for the leaders of our Single Moms ministry as they invest themselves in the lives of single moms and their families.