Missions Monday: Thurman Family Arrives in Fort Collins, CO
Buck Run church planters Zack and Jennifer Thurman and their sons, John Owen and James, have moved to Fort Collins, Colorado to officially begin the work of planting Overland Church. A team from Buck Run joined the Thurman family on the 18 hour drive to their new home. The team spent a week unloading the 26′ Penske, remodeling the upstairs of their new home, and moving the Thurmans into their new rooms.
The Thurman’s move is a significant milestone in Buck Run’s mission of planting Overland Church in Fort Collins. For many months there has been much praying, training, and fundraising, but now the first family from Buck Run is on the ground in Colorado. Zack and Jennifer will continue to settle into their new home and prepare it to be a hub for the activities of the new church plant. Zack will begin North American Mission Board Church Planter training in August with a handful of other Colorado church planters. The friendly nature of the people of Fort Collins has already led to Zack and Jennifer meeting dozens of folks from their neighborhood.
How can I support the Thurmans and Overland Church?
- Seek the Lord and see if He would have your family relocate to Fort Collins to be a part of the Overland Church team.
- Consider financially supporting Overland Church. You can learn more about giving here.
- Encourage the family through letters: 4001 Moss Creek Dr. Fort Collins, CO 80526
How can I pray for the Thurmans and Overland Church?
- Pray that Fort Collins will quickly feel like the home for the Thurmans.
- Pray especially for John Owen and James during this time of transition. Pray for the Lord to send new friends into their lives and that going to a new school will not be an intimidating time.
- Pray for opportunities to have Gospel conversations in their neighborhood and around the city.
How can I serve the Thurmans and Overland Church?
- Make future trips to Fort Collins to learn the area, prayer walk, or help with minor repairs to the Thurman’s Fort Collins house.
- Join the team by supporting Overland Church as a giving partner, through prayer, or through tangible gifts of supplies, etc.
- Sign up for the Overland Church Mailing List